Juicing has become one of the most popular health trends in recent years. It’s a tasty, nutrient-dense approach to consuming loads of fruits and vegetables. Due to the high demand for raw specialty juices, many homeowners and private establishments are investing in professional juicers. These machines are capable of quickly and efficiently breaking down pounds of produce to produce smooth fiber-free juices by the gallon. If you’re thinking about investing in your own commercial juicer, check out our comprehensive reviews of the top five juicers.
Commercial Juicer Buying Guide
A commercial juicer can cost a pretty penny, so it is important to have a firm understanding of what to expect from one before making a final buying decision. In this next section, we’ll break down the basic components of juicers and how to determine which machine is best for your professional space or home.
What to Consider When Purchasing a Professional Juicer
Juicers are only as powerful as their motors. You want something with a powerful punch. While juicer voltage is pretty standard (usually around 110 to 120 volts), the RPMs, or revolutions per minute, are extremely relevant. Generally speaking, more revolutions translate to quicker juice production. For commercial enterprises, faster production produces happier customers and, in many cases, more sales.
In addition to being quick, production should be extremely efficient. Should you be inclined, a good way to gauge juicer efficiency is by the wetness of the remaining pulp. A juicer that works at high speeds and produces a dry fibrous pulp is preferred.
Industrial-strength juicers are made from highly durable materials, such as stainless steel. Unlike domestic alternatives, commercial devices need to perform more juicing cycles without showing any signs of wear and tear. To ensure this, a commercial juicer needs a powerful motor, a strong case, and settings that protect the device from overheating.
Many manufacturers boast long-term warranties that cover any premature malfunctions. Warranties on commercial devices range from a month or two to 10 or more years. With that being said, many manufacturers offer even longer warranties for more limited domestic use of their commercial products.
Juicers tend to boast powerful high-horsepower motors and, consequently, high prices. When budgeting for a commercial juicer, it is important to consider your potential output and expected usage. What’s more, if you are purchasing it for a commercial space, it helps to calculate your anticipated return and reimbursement qualifications.
Furthermore, consider purchasing a juicer that boasts safety certifications, such as UL or ETL. These labels ensure that a product meets or exceeds the United States Occupational Safety standards for workplaces. Many states and cities also require that commercial appliances be NSF certified.
What’s more, be on the lookout for juicers that have hood lockout settings, which prevent the motor from running when the hood is not attached. Furthermore, look for devices that feature automatic heat sensors. This keeps juices cold and prevents a motor from being overtasked.
What to Expect From a Commercial Juicer
Commercial juicers should be easy to clean, maintain, and operate. They should be capable of effectively juicing a wide variety of plants, including hard produce, soft produce, and low-density produce. They should also be presentable, with durable exteriors and low volume outputs. After all, who wants to listen to the ear-splitting motor when sitting in a cafe?
Keep in mind that many local health departments require that commercial appliances be NSF certified. These devices should also be in good repair and undergo proper cleaning and sanitization at the end of the day. At no time should a juicer, worker, or customer be at risk.
Masticating juicers feature powerful internal gears that grind down fruits and vegetables to produce enzyme-rich juices. Oftentimes, these juicers have less horsepower than their centrifugal counterparts. They effectively juice everything from rigid root vegetables to soft leafy greens. What’s more, they tend to pull out every last bit of moisture, leaving behind a dry, fibrous pulp. However, they tend to work slower than centrifugal juicers and require extra preparation, as large food chunks are easily jammed between the tightly pressed grinding gears.
Centrifugal juicers feature a rapidly spinning internal blade that tears apart fruits and vegetables before sending their juices through a metal sieve. Because they feature an internal knife of sorts, less prep is required when using this sort of juicer. What’s more, these machines tend to boast high-powered motors that highlight rapid results. Of course, the whipping internal blades tend to leave behind excess moisture. Oftentimes, this can be remedied by sending the remaining pulp back through the feed tube.
If the name didn’t already give it away, citrus juicers are designed specifically to extract the juices from citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruits, and lemons. They feature reams that remove the fruity center from its tart and fibrous rind. After which, these juicers use pressure to release the vibrant juices and separate them from the pulp.
Pulp Ejection Systems
While waste production is often an afterthought in the commercial juicing business, juicers that offer automatic pulp ejection are a step above the others. When producing high volumes of juice, it is important to stay uninterrupted. It is important that a machine expels excess fiber into a waste reception container. It is also important that excess fiber does not build up inside a machine’s internal components, as this can result in a time-consuming jam or substantial part damage.
Top Five Commercial Juicers
Tribest GS-P502 Greenstar Pro Commercial Cold Press Complete Masticating Juicer, Juice Extractor with Jumbo Twin Gears
The Tribest GS-P502 Greenstar Pro Commercial Cold Press Juicer features a sleek gray-colored modern looking exterior with bio-ceramic and magnetic technologies. These help to preserve the quality of the living enzymes and vitamins in the cold-pressed juices produced by the device. The internals feature extra-large twin stainless steel gears that generate a powerful masticating juicing action. The Tribest can handle continuous high-volume use while producing superior nutrient-dense juices.
The 165-watt motor produces 110 RPMs of masticating performance. Meanwhile, it takes up minimal counter space, measuring a mere 18.6 inches long, 12.4 inches wide, and 6.8 inches tall. The entire device weighs just over 25 pounds. It also features a topside feed tube, an ergonomic tamper, as well as an integrated tamper holder. The controls include on, off, and reverse, which helps to prevent mechanical jams. The juicer also comes with a homogenizing accessory part that can be used for making sorbets and nut butters.
The juicer comes with a complete set of cleaning brushes as well as a scraping tool. Other accessories include a glass juice pitcher, metal pulp strainer, and spill tray. With that being said, the sleek design features minimal parts and is easy to clean and maintain. What’s more, the Greenstar juicer features a 15-year warranty for household use and a 3-year warranty for commercial use.
The impeller press system also features a stationary lockable latch system that makes switching out and cleaning parts a cinch. There is also a safety locked hood that prevents the grinding mechanism from moving when not in place. What’s more, the juicer features an easy-grip adjustable pressure toggle. While the masticating gears are relatively slow, they yield a far superior juice product when compared to fast-moving domestic centrifugal juicers.
- The Greenstar features an impressive 3-year warranty for commercial use and a 15-year warranty for household use. This provides a solid insurance policy and helps justify the pricey purchase.
- The low-profile design takes up minimal counter space. The way we see it, this translates to more room for fresh fruits and vegetables.
- The juicer features a unique reverse juicing function that helps free stubborn vegetables from the clutches of the jumbo grinding gears.
- The machine is certified for commercial use.
- The kit includes both fine and coarse screen filters for production of juices with various textures and pulp consistencies.
- While this juicer has no trouble masticating hard fruits and vegetables, it struggles to grind down soft or overly ripe produce.
- You need to transition between hard and soft fruits & vegetables to successfully grind down greens, herbs, or soft fruits. This can be burdensome when trying to produce single-fruit juices.
- The masticating gears take longer to grind down fruit and vegetables. What’s more, they require that the produce is chopped down into small pieces prior to juicing.
The Santos 68 Commercial Fruit and Vegetable Juicer is capable of producing a mountainous 40 gallons of juice every hour. Even if your juicing output is nowhere near this high, it’s hard to turn away from this 100 to 120-volt, 3,600 RPM produce masticator. Not to mention the integrated pulp bucket offers mess-free ejection of juicing by-products.
The 3-inch feed tube diameter almost completely eliminates the need to cut most fruits and vegetables in preparation for juicing. In fact, apart from pitting, peeling, and de-leaving, there’s very little prep work to be done apart from tamping down the items in the chute. High-quality juice pours from the spout, where nearly any catch basin can be placed — thanks to the generous 9-inch juice ejector clearance.
The high-powered centrifugal blades are capable of grinding down some of the toughest produce items. Meanwhile, the high horsepower motor features an integrated temperature regulation system to ensure that the machine doesn’t overheat. An additional safety feature prevents the expeller from grinding its gears when the machine’s cover panel is not in place.
While the integrated pulp bucket is convenient, the juicer also features an optional ejection chute attachment for super high-volume juicing sessions. This allows the pulp to be redirected to a behind-the-counter refuse bucket. You won’t be able to circulate moisture-rich pulp when using the rear chute, which is an added bonus for high volume demands.
The juicer is 13 inches long, 22 inches wide, and 24 inches tall. It weighs around 55 pounds. It features a stainless-steel exterior with lime green and black plastic highlights. All interior parts that come in contact with food products are made from food-safe BPA-free stainless steel. Meanwhile, the juicer is NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) and UL (Underwriters Laboratories) certified.
Overall, this juicer is a solid performer. It is also relatively quiet while operating. If you’re on the lookout for a fast-flowing juicer with automatic pulp ejection, you may want to consider the Santos 68. Not only is it an extremely efficient machine, but the end result is also a smooth, pulp-free juice, and minimally generated waste products.
- This juicer features an integrated pulp bucket as well as a rear pulp chute accessory.
- This juicer is powered by a 3,6000 RPM motor that is capable of producing up to 140 liters of juice every hour.
- The juicer features a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty, while the motor features a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- It is capable of effectively juicing leafy green as well as soft fruits & vegetables.
- The stainless steel 16 blade plate and shredder are easy to remove for the end of the day cleaning and sanitization.
- Replacement parts are easy to find and purchase. However, most defective parts are covered by the generous warranty.
- This model is incredibly heavy. Therefore, it cannot be easily moved or rearranged.
- While we appreciate the 9-inch clearance beneath the juice chute, this towering juicer can put a strain on your hands and arms.
- This is an extremely expensive juicer that we only recommend for high volume commercial use.
While the Champion G5-PG710 prices lower than any other juicer on our list, it produces consistently high-quality juices at rapid volumes. The sleek countertop machine features a single high-quality auger, a 120-volt motor, and a food-safe stainless-steel feed shaft. It also boasts heavy-duty front and rear ball bears for added power and smoother revolutions. What’s more, the product is backed by a generous 10-year manufacturer’s warranty.
The kit includes the juicer, a produce cutter, a screen holder, and one screen filter. What’s more, customers receive a tamper, funnel, bowl, sieve, and an owner’s manual. This bargain-rate commercial juicer is capable of generating restaurant-quality, cold-pressed juices from both soft and hard vegetables and fruits.
- This industrial juicer costs a fraction of the price of other commercial-grade juicers, yet it produces consistently high-quality pulp-free juices at high volumes.
- This product is a great option for homeowners looking to upgrade from run-of-the-mill domestic juicers without spending their entire paycheck on a new device.
- This commercial juicer machine comes with all the accessories needed to start juicing straight out of the box, including cleaning supplies and a BPA-free juice catch.
- The juicer’s front and rear ball bearings promote consistent revolutions, helping it to power through hard root vegetables such as carrots and beets.
- The pulp is automatically expelled via a bottom pulp chute.
- The black plastic exterior of the juicer conceals stains from vivid juices. It also compliments most household or commercial interiors.
- This masticating juicer leaves behind little to no moisture in the remaining pulp. This is a surefire sign that the device is extracting all the nutrients and vitamins it can.
- On occasion, the pulp that is extracted is moist and needs to be re-run through the feed tube. This tends to occur with light density materials, such as leafy greens or wheatgrass.
- The motor produces an excess of heat that is sometimes transferred to the juices.
The Nutrifaster N450 Multi-Purpose Juicer is a centrifugal stainless-steel juice bar master. One of the major perks of this machine is it can produce an entire glass of cold-pressed juice in just a few seconds. The entire machine is crafted from restaurant-quality stainless steel. As such, it is incredibly heavy and durable and maxes out at around 64 pounds. Finally, the juicer’s dimensions are 19 inches long, 7 inches wide, and 13 inches tall.
The powerful device features two different cutter plate configurations, including a 16-blade plate as well as a shredder. Meanwhile, this is backed by a 3,450 RPM motor. All this works cohesively to masticate nearly any vegetable or fruit that travels into the stainless-steel feed tube. As a result, the speedy expeller rapidly produces pulp which is expelled through an automatic removal chute.
The motor typically works at high speeds without issue, but an automatic heat sensor shutoff prevents the juicer from becoming too hot at times of heavy or strenuous production. Other minor issues include vibration, which can often be resolved by tightening any loose latches or accessories. Meanwhile, it is also important to ensure that the safety interlock switch is on at all times.
At last, the juicer features durable green plastic and stainless-steel housing. It features a contemporary look that compliments most commercial and household environments. Not to mention, it hardly takes up any counter space. Nevertheless, it is extremely heavy. As such, owners cannot expect to move it often.
- The product features a below-the-counter pulp ejector tube for high volume output.
- The juicer produces nutrient-dense cold-pressed juices while outputting generally dry leftover pulp.
- This product is backed by a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- It features two cutting plates, including a 16-blade grinder and a vegetable shredder.
- This centrifugal juicer requires minimal prep work and turns out superior juices at a far greater speed than masticating blenders.
- This juicer does not effectively juice greens. They tend to revolve around the basket, causing it to prematurely clog. On occasion, you can trick the machine into juicing greens by rotating hard and soft produce. However, the resulting pulp by-product is still relatively moist.
- The cleanup for this multi-part juicer is extremely messy and time-consuming. Owners should set aside anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to clean the entire device.
- The rotating plate often traps loose fibers, which can cause time-consuming jams.
This juicer is a centrifugal powerhouse, producing up to 176 pounds of juice per hour. The stainless-steel machinery supports high volume juice production at high speeds. The masticator consists of a die-cast metal cutting disc that rotates at around 2,800 RPMs, thanks to the high-horsepower motor. It operates at a whopping 270 watts, churning out superior juices at unbelievable speeds.
What’s more, the juice is only ever exposed to BPA-free stainless-steel internals. Meanwhile, the system can handle anything from hard vegetables to soft fruits, including fine greens such as sweet grass. In many cases, you can even skip the cutting stage before showing produce through the wide feed tube. The powerful device also features both a 16-blade cutter plate as well as a die-cast shredder. These are suited for efficiently grinding down produce of varying consistencies. The Vevor Juice Extractor also features an automatic stopping safety feature.
The motor produces around 110 volts of power which translate to a whopping 2,800 RPMs. Meanwhile, the device is 14 inches long, 16 inches wide, and 10 inches tall. It weighs around 28 pounds. According to the manufacturer, the device is capable of producing up to 60 kilograms of fruit juice per hour.
Other perks include the automatic stop feature, which prevents the machine from damaging itself during a jam or overheating. It also features an eight-position adjustable spout, which allows users to work the juicer into nearly any space. Unfortunately, you will need to purchase a tamper, catch basin, and spill tray (all necessary juicing components) separately.
- The juicer features both a 16-blade cutter plate as well as a shredder.
- This commercial masticator turns out around 2,800 RPMs, which translates to a rapid production of juices.
- The excess pulp is automatically released into a behind-the-counter pulp or waste container.
- This industrial cold press juicer does not expel the juices from greens or grasses well.
- Cleaning is incredibly time-consuming.
After careful consideration, we’re happy to name the Tribest GS-P502 Greenstar Pro Commercial Cold Press Complete Masticating Juicer as the best commercial juicer of 2018. Not only is this device capable of producing some of the most nutrient-dense, tasty, cold-pressed juices you’ll ever taste, it’s also a marvel of modern engineering that fits right into a contemporary kitchen, commercial or otherwise. The sleek, low-maintenance machine takes up very little counter space. In fact, its low-profile design hardly hints at its colossal juice-making potential. Furthermore, it seems to have the perfect dimensions, including chute width, output height, and overall product dimensions. At last, the small number of moving parts make it one of the easiest juicers to maintain.
If you’re someone who juices regularly or owns a restaurant, cafe, or gym, you can rarely go wrong with the purchase of a commercial juicer. Not only do these devices generate some of the most high-quality cold-pressed juices, but they can also withstand countless juicing cycles without so much as a single hiccup in production. Most of them even boast generous long-term warranties that ensure the longevity of all the moving parts. We hope you enjoyed our top five product reviews and hope they made choosing a juicer a little bit easier.