Spoiler alert! If you are in a rush and just want to know what the best Nutribullet alternative is, then we recommend the Nutri Ninja Blender with FreshVac Technology as our top pick.
The Nutribullet has been the go-to personal blender for more than a decade. While its reputation is well earned, there are a number of high-quality Nutribullet alternatives available today. Whether you’re looking for something affordable or just looking for a personal blender, we’ve pulled together a guide to fit your needs to find the best Nutribullet alternatives.
Here are the blenders we will be reviewing:
- Nutri Ninja Blender with FreshVac Technology
- Omorc-Smoothie Blender with New Vacuum Technology
- Cincred Professional Personal Countertop Blender
- PopBabies Portable Personal Blender
- The Magic Bullet Blender
- Vitamix S-Series S55 Personal Blender
- Nutri Ninja Pro BL456
- Oster My Blend
- Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ Personal Blender
- Hamilton Beach Personal Smoothie Blender
Nutribullet Alternatives Buyer’s Guide
Personal blenders like the Nutribullet are the ultimate option for regular smoothie making. They’re small, which means they’re easily stored and have a small countertop footprint. They’re convenient; you blend your smoothies in the same jar you can take out with you, whether it’s to the gym, to work, or out shopping.
Most importantly, a good personal blender is powerful enough to handle what you want to blend. This is often the most difficult part of choosing a blender (and why we’ve pulled together this guide!). The best blender will be able to handle your daily smoothie making without emptying your wallet, and without worrying about replacing parts.
How to Choose the Best Personal Blender
- Cost. We’ve got a broad spectrum of personal blenders in our top picks. In general, it’s best to buy in the upper end of what your budget will allow, as that usually means better quality and better customer support if something goes wrong.
- Accessories. Is your personal blender just for you, or is your family going to use it? Do you plan on storing any smoothies for the next day? You may be fine with just one or two blender cups, but be sure to check for extras that can make life easier, like lids and cupholders.
- Wattage. While a blender’s wattage – or power consumption – isn’t a direct relation to how strong it will be, it’s a good way to get a general idea. Keep in mind that if you only plan on blending soft fruits and frozen berries, you don’t need the strongest thing on the market.
- Cleanup. This can make a big difference. What parts, if any, are dishwasher safe? How easy is it to clean up under the blades? While it’s always easiest to clean your personal blender directly after use, having options for a tougher job are always appealing.
- Warranty. We’re big advocates of a good warranty. Any appliance is a big purchase, and sometimes, things go wrong. Be sure to check out what options you have for motor repairs and blade replacements
What to Expect from a Blender Similar to Nutribullet
The Nutribullet is a powerful little blender, so any alternative should be able to handle what the Nutribullet can. Most blenders can handle smaller chunks of ice and frozen fruit, but the best Nutribullet alternatives will be able to tackle a lot more.
Be on the lookout for what your alternative mentions it can and cannot do. Can it tear through fibrous foods like ginger? Can it pulverize seeds and crush larger chunks of ice? Can it handle something as thick and viscous as a nut butter?
Many blenders, both countertop and personal, require a certain liquid content in whatever they are blending so that the liquid inside can circulate correctly. Be sure to check your potential blender’s user manual before purchase to see what it needs to operate optimally.
Our Top 10 Best Nutribullet Alternatives
The best Nutribullet alternative blends like a champ. That’s what you’ll find with the Omorc-Smoothie Blender with New Vacuum Technology. Not only does it have a powerful 800W motor, but it also has an LED screen that makes selecting the right speed of blending fast and easy. The unique blade design helps the machine power through the hardest fruits, vegetables, and nuts with little effort. The vacuum control chops food finely so it can be the right consistency for blending.
Preserving the natural color of the fruits and vegetables that were used to make the smoothie, the automatic vacuum function ensures that each smoothie looks and tastes its very best. The power machine also crushes ice as well as prepares fresh juice and sauces. It takes the place of multiple machines with multiple settings and capabilities. Best of all, it has automatic and manual settings, so you’re able to customize your experience every time you use it.
One of the best functions available with the blender is its self-cleaning mode. To initiate it, all you need to do is fill its container with a solution of soap and water and turn on the ‘Clean’ button. There’s nothing else you need to do besides rinsing the vessel well before returning it to the blender. It’s one timesaving feature that many people appreciate in this type of machinery.
- Read-out screen is LED
- Preset cleaning mode for less stress
- Can manually set times and speed
- Motor Very Noisy
- Buttons are Sensitive to the Touch
- Doesn’t Come with Extra Cups
The best Nutribullet alternatives make convenience a priority. The Nutri Ninja Blender with FreshVac Technology removes oxygen before blending. It prevents oxidation from ruining the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients in the juice or smoothies the machine prepares. The blender has Auto-IQ technology that time the pulsing, blending, and pausing functions initiated by the machine. You don’t need to do more than put the food into the blender and choose the setting you feel is best for blending.
The FreshVac Pump requires one touch to activate it. The unique technology ensures that the machine can extract the most vitamins and nutrients from the fruits and vegetables placed inside of it. You must use the pump before blending, or otherwise, it won’t work accurately. The blending process can cause oxidation to occur.
The blender comes with two 24 ounce FreshVac cups with lids with spouts. Traveling with fresh juice or a smoothie is possible, thanks to the portability of the cups. You can prepare the beverage in the cups without the need to transfer them to another bottle or tumbler. There is less stress and mess that way.
- FreshVac pump for removing oxygen before blending
•Auto-IQ technology for the perfect blend time
•FreshVac cups included with blender
- Seal on cup loose
- Very loud when operating
- Takes a while to crush Ice
The best Nutribullet alternatives can juice items within seconds in the same cup that you blended them in. The blender can be turned on by pressing or letting go of the button at any time. Creating delicious fresh juice, smoothies, sauces, and milkshakes are all possible with the heavy-duty machine. Four stainless steel mixing blades ensure that everything that comes out of the cup is as smooth as possible. The cup seals in a way that you can place it into a bag or purse without fear of its contents leaking out.
Clean up is as easy as removing the cup from the blender and washing it with warm soapy water. The base is secured to the counter and can be wiped down using a wet cloth. The blender underwent a lot of testing before the manufacturer released it into the marketplace.
The company stands behind the quality controls used to rate the blender. It’s durable, long-lasting, and a greater option if you’re opposed to buying a Nutribullet because of cost. It’s an economical version with real power.
- Versatile in allowing you to prepare many different foods and beverages
- Cleaning is fast and easy using soap and water
- Cup has carrying handle for transporting it from one place to another
- Does not crush ice well
The best Nutribullet alternative allows you to blend and drink from the same 14-ounce jar. The PopBabies Portable Personal Blender is small enough to take with you to work or while traveling. It comes with a USB cable to make charging the machine fast and easy. It even comes with an ice cube tray and funnel for easy pouring, storing, and freezing.
The blender comes with dishwasher safe cups made from food-grade material that is BPA-free, FDA, and CE. It’s also RoHS approved. The blender can be used to create shakes, smoothies, protein shaker, and baby food. The machine is strong enough to crush harder items such as ice cubes, frozen fruits, and seeds. One of the best things to note about the portable blender is that it can work efficiently in other countries. There is no special adapter needed because it uses a USB cord.
Unlike other portable blenders, PopBabies can blend while charging. It comes in an array of colors to match your kitchen or meet your preferences. It has a compact design that makes it take up little space on a countertop or in a suitcase while traveling. It also has a handle on the top that you can use to pick it up and transport it to different locations.
- Dishwasher safe
- Perfect size for traveling nationally and internationally
- Comes with USB charging cord
- Pieces must be small to blend well
- Must wait 30 seconds before trying to turn it on again after it shuts down
This a great affordable option. At 250 watts, it’s less than half the strength of the Nutribullet Pro, but it can still handle plenty of blending.
The Magic Bullet comes with a short and tall cup and a party mug, along with a flip-top lid, two resealable lids, and two lip rings. All of these parts are BPA-free and dishwasher safe (top rack only). Everything except the party mug is microwave safe, as well.
The blades clean off with a quick rinse, though it’s not dishwasher safe. It and the motor can handle a number of tasks, including chopping, pureeing soft foods, mixing batters, blending frozen fruits, creating nut milk from soaked nuts, and grinding coffee.
However, the Magic Bullet cannot handle low-moisture foods like vegetables and requires at least ½ cup of water added, depending on the water content of what you’re blending. It also cannot handle larger frozen items.
The Nutribullet works by simply pressing the cup into the motor housing. Pulses work best with the Nutribullet, and the motor should never be run for more than a minute straight. Microwavable cups can be heated for up to two minutes before they need to cool.
- Great blender for the price
- User manual is easy to read, and recipes are included
- Very easy to clean up
- Plenty of extra attachments and replacement parts are easily available
- Versatile and strong, with many attachments already included
- Can’t handle larger chunks of frozen fruit
This Vitamix is a powerhouse. It can handle even nut butter with ease, and the user manual recommends large ice cubes instead of crushed ice for frozen desserts.
It has both a 20 oz jar and a 40 oz jar, a plugged blending lid, a flip-top lid, a tamper, and a blade base compatible with both jars. Parts are both BPA-free and dishwasher safe, though no part of the Vitamix should be put in the microwave. The 40 oz jar compensates for this by being able to handle hot liquids, though care should always be used when doing so.
The Vitamix has 10 variable speed settings, a pulse function, and four different programs, making this a great option for someone looking for a more hands-off personal blender. The included instructions give a solid layout on how best to fill the Vitamix for the best results. All in all, this machine wins easily, in our opinion, in the Vitamix vs Nutribullet debate.
- Incredibly powerful and versatile
- Motor can easily handle tough jobs like nut butter, and larger blending jar can handle hot liquids comfortably
- Includes a thorough guide and recipe book
- Ventilated lid
- Tamper included
- Can handle hot liquids
- Larger than most personal blenders; the 40oz blending jar is 16” tall, and the 20oz is 15.5” tall
The Nutri Ninja Pro is a powerful 900 watts. It’s able to crush through ice and create smooth drinks from tough stems and small seeds to fibrous skins.
While the Ninja doesn’t come with as many attachments as its competitors, it still offers everything needed for comfortable blending. It has both an 18 oz and a 24 oz cup and twist on spout lids for when you are on the move. All plastic parts are BPA-free.
The Ninja shows a good deal of functionality. The Nutri Ninja Pro can blend ice and frozen fruit, and tears through leafy greens easily.
Everything except the motor is dishwasher safe (top rack only), though they aren’t recommended for microwave use. The best blending from a Ninja, like many other personal blenders, is done through pulsing rather than extended blends.
While the Ninja works best when it has some liquid to work with, a lot of liquid isn’t necessary for it to do its job. It handles more fibrous foods like ginger and even nuts when there’s a good liquid to solid ratio.
- Sturdy and strong
- More accessories and replacement blades are readily available
- Relatively consistent quality with easily replaceable parts and easy cleaning
- Still needs some liquid to blend correctly
- Can be very easy to burn out the motor if not used exactly right or if overloaded
The Oster My Blend is the best personal blender we could find by way of simplicity. With its price point and varied power that ranges between 250 watts for smoothie making and 400 watts for crushed ice, this single-use workhorse does its job well.
The single sports bottle is BPA-free and comes with a travel lid. Unlike many of the other smoothie blenders we’ve seen, this one genuinely looks like a bottle you’d take to the gym. The bottle and lid are both dishwasher safe for easy cleanup once you’re home, and fit comfortably into most car cup holders.
Blending can be done either by a simple push of the bottle on the motor housing or locked into place for hands-free blending. While it cannot handle large chunks of food or low liquid contents, it has far less rigorous requirements for how to build your smoothies than other personal blenders.
The Oster doesn’t have the broad range of functionality the Nutribullet does; it’s designed to make smoothies and little else. However, it chews through ice and frozen fruit easily and is designed to last through frequent use.
- Great value for the money
- Made of sturdier material than the Nutribullet
- So long as it’s used correctly, it will last for a very long time under continuous use
- Replacement blades are easy to find and buy if the first set wears down
- Can’t really do anything other than make smoothies
- Has a little bit of trouble circulating thinner smoothies and mixes because of the shape of the bottle
- Doesn’t handle tougher or more fibrous things like leafy greens well
The Nutri Ninja with Auto-iQ is a personal blender designed for those who can’t sit around and hover over their blender every morning. With 1000 watts at its disposal, it’s the most powerful personal blender we’ve looked at.
It comes with two different cup sizes, including the average 18 oz and 24 oz. It comes with two spout lids and one blade unit for easy storage, and parts are dishwasher safe, though the blade assembly and lids should be put on the top rack only.
The user interface has a few different options. There’s a pulse button, a start/stop button, and two automatic functions, one for soft foods and the other for hard foods. Both of the automatic functions are combination pulse/blend settings to get a better consistency.
While some liquid is needed for the blender to work properly, eliminating more viscous foods like nut butter from what it’s capable of handling, the Nutri Ninja with Auto-iQ can make a smooth drink from ice, seeds, and more fibrous foods with ease, making it a solid contender in the Nutri Ninja vs Nutribullet debate.
- Very strong motor more than capable of handling any smoothie making demands
- Plenty of different options to replace parts, including stainless steel cups
- Doesn’t need much liquid to get good results
- Can be noisy
If you want the best NutriBullet alternatives, you often have to look at products that are more convenient and travel-friendly. The Hamilton Beach Personal Smoothie Blender is one such product that you can count on for on-the-go smoothies that are easy to create. As a space-saving smoothie machine, it’s great for making single-serve drinks, grinding coffee beans, and crushing ice.
However, it’s handy for what it does if you want a personal, fast smoothie maker. However, if you want to use this for larger groups, you won’t get much yield from this blender. This is mainly for one person who wants to create smoothies for themselves in the mornings.
For those who want a personal smoothie machine that’s quiet and affordable, the Hamilton Beach Single Server blender does a great job, and it’s one of the best NutriBullet alternatives. You’ll easily be able to make all of your favorite smoothies or cocktails using this handy blender.
- Excellent blending power for smoothies
- Quickly whips up a frozen cocktail
- Low noise output
- Jar can be placed in dishwasher
- Lower single-serve amounts only
- 175-watt motor
After looking at all the Nutribullet alternatives, the final roundup was a battle royale of the Ninja vs Nutribullet vs Vitamix. While there are plenty of products similar to Nutribullet out there, we found the Nutri Ninja Blender with FreshVac Technology to be the clear winner.
It was most like Nutribullet, as it offered comparable functionality and excellent results. However, it’s FreshVac and Auto-iQ technology really set it apart and make it our top choice.