Have you ever used a kitchen blender and thought to yourself that it would come in handy to make drinks and smoothies in places that are away from your home? Even standard blenders of the highest quality are limited in where they can be used, which usually means that you’ll have to fix such beverages at your residence. But today, there are devices that can accompany you virtually anywhere. A travel blender takes away the AC power cord, which means that you can use it (once charged) in any location. Take a look at the products below, along with the value section and best portable blender choice picked at the conclusion.
Here are the portable blenders we will be reviewing:
- Ayyie Personal Blender
- Moer Sky Portable Juicer Blender, Household Fruit Mixer
- Supkitdin Portable Blender for Shakes and Smoothies
- PopBabies Personlblender001 Smoothie Blender
- SUNAVO BL-09 Portable Blender Mini Travel Juice Cup,USB Rechargeable Blender for Shakes and Smoothies
- Portable Blender, TOPQSC Smoothie Blender USB Juicer Cup
- QILEBI Portable USB Juicer Cup High Power Quick Fruit Blender Smoothie Maker and Juicer
- SUNAVO BL-07 Portable Blender Mixer with LCD Screen
- Portable DOUHE Cordless Personal Blender
- Kacsoo Personal Glass Smoothie Blender
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Portable Blender
Before going into the reviews, here’s some information that you should know that will help narrow down your choice. While one travel blender may resemble all others, there can be some differences in the brands that go well beyond cosmetic features. Let’s look further.
All About Cup Sizes
A portable blender cup is stationed on all products, from which the food contents are placed inside just like any home blender. They are usually made from plastic and marketed as being BPA free or even FDA approved. These are all good things, but the harder part comes when viewing the changes in size. The average portable smoothie maker has a cup size of about 400 milliliters, which isn’t a lot when compared to normal blenders.
But since these are portable, that’s expected to some degree. If you need bigger, some models do have containers that could go up to 500 milliliters. Always look to see what size cup is given to your blender of choice, then think about whether or not you plan on using the device for yourself or others. In some cases, you might end up having to purchase a second portable blender cup in order to make juices and smoothies for the family. Or you could go purchase more than one device.
What You Plan On Blending
Every portable smoothie blender will generally be able to liquefy the same basic foods that you would use in a normal kitchen device. That means fruits such as chopped oranges, celery, carrots, and apples should have no issue during blending. You could even find a travel blender that’s capable of emulsifying hard fruits, but this usually isn’t recommended. If a particular product can, however, the ability will usually be specified on the product’s description. Problems may arise when attempting to do ice and frozen fruit.
While the blades themselves won’t dull from this, the motors are sometimes not strong enough to handle too much at one time. So if you do want to add ice or hard fruits into the container for blending, try not to overdo it. Minimize the number of pieces (ice or frozen items) you cut. This could end up taking you a long time to blend than expected. In short, the best thing is to allow the content to thaw out or substitute frozen solid ice with slush if you can.
With or Without Accessories
The average travel smoothie blender relies on a few accessories in order for it to work. But some brands will sell additional parts that can be used to make blending go smoother. For example, a funnel is sometimes included that’ll help you pour in powders without spilling the substance on the ground or wherever you’re using the item. This is also great for liquids as well since many have very small openings at the top. Other brands might include good cleaning tools for you to avoid placing your hands close to the blades. And then there’s some with small ice cube trays, which seems a little counterintuitive to portable blending but could work in a setting where freezing water is possible.
Charging the Blenders
This is the feature that makes defines every portable smoothie maker. All of the blenders rely on USB cords to receive power, whereby it charges the battery inside the motor. Most models run on lithium-ion batteries, such you’ll generally have about a one-hour runtime without needing the device to remain plugged into an outlet source. But keep in mind that AC is usually not always featured on some of the blenders. However, given that USB slots are abundant these days, this shouldn’t be too much of a problem. Laptops, portable batteries, car chargers, and PC desktops all carry USB slots. Try to acquire a blender that has good battery life (at least 30 minutes) when full.
Keeping it Clean
Clean up time. Normal blender is famous for being a breeze to clean. Nothing changes in this regard. In fact, portable varieties tend to be even easier.
Models will allow you to remove the cup from the base, to which the blade will often be at the top. Taking care to not cut yourself, pouring a little water over them should suffice in getting everything looking like new again. Since you probably going to be drinking from the cup, there’s no need to worry about washing anything else. But when you are ready to clean the container, doing so is easy. Most brands are dishwasher safe, so feel free to wait until you get back home to clear away debris from this piece.
Who And Where It’s Best For
The short answer is anyone who needs a blender to use when out and about. One could argue that they will become just as popular as their home counterparts since you can basically pack it and take with you anywhere you want, including at the airport. While you might not be able to get away with it in your carry-on luggage, they make great accessories to have around when vacations of all types. If you’re going camping or hiking, you’ll have a quick way to stay healthy and get lots of nutrition if your system to help power you on during the occasion. The best portable blender will have a decent cup size, a strong motor, good built quality, and long battery life. Going on the reviews, each of those shown below featuring these attributes in their brand. So no matter which one you end up with, it’s safe to say that you’ll make a good pick.
Portable Blenders Reviewed
The best portable blender is small, compact, and ready to do its job. That’s something that the Ayyie Personal Blender strives for. It’s ready to be used to make food and drinks in minutes. You can prepare green smoothies, fresh juice, and milkshakes in no time at all with the battery-operated blender. A USB cable makes it easy to recharge the batteries, which produce 10 to 15 cups of juice in a single charge.
Preparing fruit juice or a smoothie requires no time at all. Cut up fruit and add liquid to the cup. Put the lid on it, blend it, and enjoy it. To clean the blender cup, you can hand wash it with soap and water. Be careful not to submerge it in water, however.
The product comes with a small blender, a USB cable, a user manual, a cup cover, and a silicone ice tray. The best portable blenders go anywhere you choose to use them, including at the gym, in the car, while traveling internationally or nationally, and at work.
- Lightweight and portable
- Rechargeable using USB cord
- Comes with a silicone ice tray for storing excess fruit juice or soup base
- Doesn’t process larger chunks well
- Charge doesn’t always work as long as promised
Moer Sky is a pink-colored blender that’s small but has some very powerful and useful features. The cup is made from the same materials that are used in baby appliances and are free from toxic plastics. It’s also mostly silent, which means that you could run this in an automobile and not worry too much about irritating any passengers, including the driver. The only real problem is in the instructions, which are a little hard to understand.
Also, the cup size is only 380 milliliters. If you do plan on blending more than this (which most people do), get used to replace blending intervals in order to have enough for you to enjoy. Moer Sky is the best small blender on the list; use it for children or yourself if you don’t anticipate drinking more than a small cup’s worth of juice.
- The plastic in which the blender is encased is free of toxic substances
- Noise level is quiet, even when used on the highest settings
- Cleanup is simple and does not stain the container
- The blender is small enough to fit inside most backpacks and other medium-sized luggage devices
- The instructions for the device are written in poor English, making setup and troubleshooting difficult if it occurs
- The blender cannot be separated from the lower part (near the blades) after blending is complete
- At 380ml, the cup’s size might be too small for some users
- May leave chunks of fruit in the cup after blending
The Supkitdin is the best mini blender for anyone that needs more than one container. There’s one 350ml and another 500ml cup here, totaling 850ml in all. That’ll be enough smoothie or juice for one-to-two persons. The cups have ridges in the portion where your fingers would touch, so it’s easy to keep a hold on your drink when you’re carrying it around. It’s a small feature but nice to see since so many of these blenders have no grip. You’ll also be able to get through most fruits without running into chunky bits when your sipping; the blades and motor are very strong.
But this is referring to anything that’s not frozen. The latter is a bit of a chore, making the machine slow down or even stop completely. Ice is no different. You’ll want to limit yourself to how much you use (two or three cubes is best) so that nothing stops during blending. Overall, the Supkitdin is one of the best on the list and if you want something to store food contents for later blending, this is the right product for you.
- The ridges of the cup help users keep hold of the cup during operation and when drinking; slip resistant
- The product is sold with two containers (350 and 500 milliliters)
- Handles most fruits and vegetables well with few chunks
- Difficult to blend frozen fruits and ice without the machine shutting down completely
- May present difficulty inlining the magnets in place that render the blender operable
- Easy to get water into the plugs during cleaning if not careful
The PopBabies Personal Blender takes accessories to the next level. With this product, you get one ice tray and a very useful funnel to help pour in your chopped fruit. As mentioned in the Value Section, container tops to most travel blenders are notoriously small and you’ll probably run into a situation where having a funnel will save you the trouble of spilling something on the floor (or car!). It also has great battery time that should last an hour at the least.
Just make others aware of what you’re doing before you get started because the blender does make a lot of noise when the motor’s running. Other than this, PopBabies is the best small blender for those who like to mix proteins and other powdery contents into their drinks or shakes. You can even use it when the battery is still charging.
- There is a small ice tray and funnel included with the blender
- The device can be used during charging, even when the battery is low
- Long battery life when not plugged in
- The cup is safe to clean in a dishwasher without corroding over time
- The opening to the blender is very small and difficult to avoid spilling food, liquid, and power when pouring into the cup
- Noise level is almost the same as a small kitchen blender
- Foods such as almond milk and frozen goods can only be blended in small quantities to avoid the blades getting jammed
SUNAVO BL-09 Portable Blender Mini Travel Juice Cup,USB Rechargeable Blender for Shakes and Smoothies
The Sunavo BL-09 is sold in three colors, green, purple, and pink. When it comes to juicing vegetables on a small scale, the machine is a beast. You can pulverize celery, broccoli, and even small amounts of leafy greens. If you are going to use this for veggies, just be sure to roll the greens in larger batches everything emulsifies better.
And for hikers and campers, it doesn’t get any better than this. You’ll be able to see yourself better with the flashing that’s built into the base of the product. Granted, it’s located at the bottom but it’s still a good way to walk around if you’re hiking during the evenings. You won’t have to depends so heavily on a flashlight while you enjoy your smoothie. Although the cup would be better if it was larger and frozen items aren’t easy to process, the BL-09 wins as the best mini blender for having around during rugged outdoor events.
- If needed, the blades are strong enough for the blender to function as a great vegetable juicer
- There is a built-in flashlight underneath the blender, making it easy to use in outdoor settings with low light visibility
- The cup is separable from the lid, making it easy to wash down the blades
- Hard fruits such as watermelon, cantaloupe, and apples will not break down completely
- Awkward cup size does not match up well with separate drink holders when not using the main one for drinking
- The motor will struggle with solid ice cubes
The Top QSC blender wants you to enjoy your drink faster than the others. Powering up the battery is very quick and shouldn’t take any longer than 30 minutes on average. Another selling point is the ability for the motor to not cut off on you when you’re grounding frozen fruits or even ice. For this reason, smoothies will come out a lot better since the blended ice won’t melt so quickly.
The container is another a huge plug, being 500ml. You’ll be able to cut the amount of work you do for a drink in half from this alone. Issues may arise with leaks that have been shown to occur from the blades, but this isn’t something that’s known to be a problem with every device from the manufacturer. Regardless, the Top QSC is the best travel blender for anyone looking for a product that won’t stall whenever you put something frozen inside the container.
- Charging time is fast and should be on full power between 30 minutes or an hour
- Strong enough to get through ice cubes and most frozen fruit without cutting off in between sessions
- 500-milliliter container means less time spent on multiple blending sessions when used for more than one person
- The mouth is small and may necessitate a makeshift funnel when preparing food
The Qilebi Juicer is built to last. Parts are made of a high standard and it’s easy to tell that effort was made to ensure that nothing wears down too quickly from going crazy with too much blending. All joking aside, this blender should last well past the warranty that’s given. There are light signals on the front that shows when you’re content is finished.
And the instructions are pretty easy to understand. Getting everything ready for fruits or veggies shouldn’t take too long either. You will, of course, have to chop down larger items but there shouldn’t be any concern for the kid’s size. It’s slightly larger than what you might expect. There are long charging times though, however. And try to be careful with how much you’re putting into the container, as too much could make the blender leak liquid from the top. In any case, the Qilebi will be great to have around if you need a mini blender that puts durability above all else.
- Light indicators show when blended contents are finished, along with speed settings
- Parts are not cheaply made and indicate good manufacturing; feels more expensive than it appears
- Long charging times can go for as long as 2-3 hours
The final product of the list is the Sunavo BL-07. There’s a little handle at the top for carrying around, but it’s small enough to fit in most backpacks. What’s unique here are safety features.
If you for some reason forget to turn the blender off while it’s running, controls inside the device to shut it down automatically. This does wonders for the motor as there are fewer ways to causes damage to a blender than leaving it on for an unspecified amount of time. But fruit can sometimes come out very mushy, requiring that repeat spins be done just for your drink to mix properly. The BL-07 is the best travel blender for safety buffs or those who want something with digital display controls.
- Has a digital timer display built into the base of the blender
- In the event that a user forgets to shut off the blender, the device will automatically shut down after 30 seconds, avoiding damage to the interior components
- Very strong cup is shatter resistant and does not take of scratches easily
- The lid can function as a carrying handle when the entire blender must be held
- Ice cubes cannot be broken down completely
For those who want to have the best portable blender, the DOUHE cordless personal blender is great for small, single servings on the go. It uses a USB charger and works perfectly for home and travel situations. The convenience cannot be overstated with this cordless personal blender. You can easily carry it with you anywhere as it’s only 1 lb, and it fits into your car’s cupholder easily.
You can also use this portable juicer as a water bottle, and it only takes 40 seconds to create a cup of juice with this blender. With magnetic induction charging and push-button start, you can instantly start creating your smoothie on your way to work. It uses a 1400mAH lithium-ion battery and can make up to 10 cups of juice on a single charge.
This portable blender is also 100% BPA-free so you never have to worry about what you’re drinking. It’s also been rated IP68 Waterproof and has stainless steel blades inside that are hidden in the design. You won’t get cut while taking apart this blender for cleaning, and it’s also supported by a one-year free replacement if anything goes wrong.
While you can certainly use the DOUHE to create juice, it’s important to note that it can’t juice everything. You won’t be able to get hot soups or mixing up a salad dressing with this portable blender. It is solely for the purpose of being the best portable blender and not for grinding up coffee beans or other activities for much higher quality blades.
- Very portable and lightweight
- Instantly creates juice from soft fruits
- Creates 10 cups of juice on a single charge
- Stainless steel blades
- On the higher end of the budget
With its simple, lightweight design and easy-to-carry grip, you can see why the Kacsoo is rated the best portable blender by most of its customers. As a travel blender and fruit mixer, it’s simple to create single-serve smoothies with this portable juicer. It creates a single-serve with stainless steel blades powered by a 5200 mAH rechargeable battery. However, it’s also one of the only blenders made with glass instead of plastic, making it 100% BPA-free.
As a battery-operated blender, you can’t get more convenient than the Kacsoo either. The streamlined design makes it look just like a sleek personal water bottle, but you can easily make your favorite smoothies. Made with high borosilicate glass, this blender is cordless and easily transforms your food into smoothies, juices, and baby food. While it’s not the most powerful blender on the market, it’s definitely more powerful for a portable blender than others on the market.
A single charge with this blender can last up to a week or 13 blends. It’s also rechargeable, which means that you can put it on the charger and it nearly fills up the lithium-ion battery instantly.
The jar size for the Kacsoo is about 15 oz. You can fill it almost all of the way so that it doesn’t come busting out of the top, which did seem to be an issue. The bottle itself only weighs 1.65 lbs, so you can take it anywhere with you. While it only has a max power of 126W, it achieves 16500 RPMs and easily cuts through most soft fruits.
If you’re looking for the best portable blenders, you can’t get any better than the Kacsoo. You can instantly create the juices you want with the fruit you love, and it won’t break unless you put in hard or hot food.
- Very lightweight and portable design
- Powerful enough to blend almost all fruits and small chunks of ice
- Holds up to 13 blends per battery charge
- Small blending capacity
- Not suitable for hot or hard foods
Now that the reviews are complete, it’s time to announce which product is the best portable blender. Chosen for its multiple containers and ability to chop up frozen fruits with ease, the Supkitdin Portable Blender is the right pick for anyone that wants to take portable blending a slight step further. Going back to the Buying Guide, getting a blender that won’t malfunction when you’re attempting to get through those chilled pieces isn’t always likely. The Supkitdin eliminates this headache completely and manages to do so, all while including two blending containers with the product.