Spoiler alert! If you are in a rush and just want to know what the best glass blender is, then we recommend Tribest DB-950 Dynablend Clean Blender as our top pick.
On a worldwide level, blending has really taken off. Not only are people purchasing personal blenders like the Nutribullet to craft their morning smoothies, but blending has become a family pastime as well. Simply put, smoothies have a plethora of important benefits, which is why the trend of blending fruits and vegetables is beginning to really catch on. For those looking for a safer, purer experience, many families feel that the best glass blender always outshines the best plastic blender when it comes to quality.
In this guide, we’re going to review some of the best models of blender with glass jars so that you can make an informed purchase. Each of the five blenders that we have selected has its share of excellent features, and each one has a beautiful design that will fit any kitchen décor.
Here are the glass blenders we will be reviewing:
- Hamilton Beach (58148A) Blender with Glass Jar
- Oster Reverse Crush Counterforms Blender
- Braun PureMix Power Blender with Thermal Resistant Glass Jug
- Tribest DB-950 Dynablend Clean Blender
- Oster 6647 10-Speed Blender
- Kacsoo Personal Glass Smoothie Blender
Things to Consider
The glass jar blender was actually the most common form of blender in days past, but with the advent of cheaper yet durable plastics, the glass blender started to disappear from the market. Today, there’s been something of a resurgence, but still, if you are seeking out a blender with a glass container, you’ll notice that there’s less variety.
That being said, let’s take a quick look at why people opt to select glass blender jars over plastic ones:
Glass vs. Plastic
If you’re thinking about a glass blender, it’s important to note that these blenders have several benefits that you won’t find with a plastic jar blender. The first of these benefits is that flavors won’t leach into the body of a glass container blender like it would in a plastic jar blender.
Plastic, by its very nature, is somewhat porous, so when you’re blending food in a plastic container blender, there’s a chance that those flavors will start to get into the walls of the blender itself. While this may not be as much of a problem if you’re only blending tropical drinks and smoothies, it can become troublesome if you’re blending more savory recipes inside the device.
As you may have noticed, even a fork or a thinner spoon can inadvertently nick and scratch a plastic container, and the same can happen with the plastic jar of some blenders. Not only does this provide an extra surface to catch flavors, but these scratches can also accumulate nasty things like bacteria and leftover toxins.
Finally, glass, unlike some plastics, has no risk of leaching Bisphenol-A into your food. This chemical, which is often referred to as BPA, has been linked to health risks, especially in young children. For this reason, many consumers are leaning towards purchasing products that are BPA-free, and glass is a great option for this.
What Else Should You Consider When Buying a Glass Blender?
Outside of the material of the jar, you should also aim to purchase a fully-featured product that will last you for years. For this reason, always consider:
Believe it or not, there are three types of blenders to choose from. These include:
- Standard – Also called the conventional blender, the standard style of this device is typically very affordable. While having a glass construction will add a bit to the price of a standard blender, you should still find these types to be very budget-friendly. With one of these models, you’ll have no problem making standard smoothies out of fruits and vegetables, but don’t expect top-quality soups or frozen cocktails.
- High-Performance – If you’re looking for a silky smooth consistency, accept no imitators. These blenders have high powered motors that can sometimes be measured in horsepower, and they can sometimes be very loud during operation. These blenders also will typically maintain the fibrous structure of your blended foods so that the created foods and drinks are a bit more nutritious. It’s important to note that, to avoid shattering, the jars on high-performance blenders should be made of tempered glass.
- Personal – Anyone that’s been paying attention to recent trends knows that the personal blender has really become popular in the last few years. These blenders are intended for users that just want to make up a quick smoothie in the morning before work or a workout, and as a result, they typically are somewhat on the smaller side. It’s uncommon for a personal blender to have glass containers, but there are several hybrid full-sized blenders that have glass jars and plastic personal containers.
How Easy is it to Clean?
When you’re working with blenders that regularly chopped up fruits and veggies that can be very messy, it’s a good idea to have one that’s fairly easy to clean. Too many blenders on the market today have nooks and crannies that are tough to get into and many out there also aren’t dishwasher-safe. As a result, it can be a real challenge to really get the container and base clean once you’re done blending.
For this reason, it’s a good idea to really select a blender that has a fairly easy-to-clean design, and glass blenders tend to be this way due to rounded corners and a resistance to the formation of deep scratches that can be a problem for plastic blender containers.
With this said, it’s still a good idea to purchase a product that can self-clean or is dishwasher safe so that you won’t have to use a lot of elbow grease during the cleaning process. Additionally, since splashes are almost inevitable, a good touchpad-operated blender can help you clean up easier due to the fact that you can just wipe a wet cloth over the pad to clean it – blenders with knobs and dials are notoriously hard to clean.
How Many People Will You Be Serving?
As you might expect, this is a question of blender capacity. Blender containers come in various sizes that vary from the personal blender size that can be as small as 20 ounces to the products with containers that can hold more than 60 ounces of food and drink. It’s definitely important to note that larger containers will definitely have an impact on where you can store your blender, so if you have a kitchen without a lot of space, you may have to sacrifice capacity for more reasonable dimensions.
When you’re in the market for a new glass container blender, there are quite a few extra features that can make the purchase more valuable for you. None of these features are required, but they definitely can help:
- Useful Presets – No one blends the same things every day, so purchasing a blender that has built-in presets for frozen drinks, smoothies, or soups can be very useful. These presets make the creation of specific foods and drinks much easier, and typically, you’ll find that more presets will equate to a more versatile product that will save you from having to know the precise consistency of your target foods and drinks.
- Stainless Steel Blades – If you’re going to be doing a lot of ice-crushing, then a blender with stainless steel blades might just be the way to go. These blades do an excellent job of reducing ice to more manageable chunks, which makes this a good option for those making frozen cocktails.
- Touch Panels – As mentioned, touch panels are just easier to clean than those blenders with knobs and dials, but there are other advantages as well. In many cases, touch panels are illuminated and some products even have touch controls that you can slide in order to cycle the power of the blend either up or down.
- Tampers – No matter the quality of the blender, sometimes your blended foods just don’t blend as smoothly as you’d like. In these circumstances, a tamper tool can be very useful because it lets you interact with your ingredients without the need to use a fork or spatula, which can be unsafe. A tamper is particularly useful when you’re blending soups. Sometimes, when you add water, a bubble of air can form above the blade of the blender – a tamper is an excellent tool to break up this annoying pocket.
- Sound Enclosures – Do you have a tendency to blend up your food and drinks in the morning? Do you hate blending and drowning out the television? If this sounds like you, a blender that comes equipped with a sound enclosure that will muffle sound is a good idea. These blenders can reduce the sound of a 90-decibel blender so that it barely exceeds the volume of casual conversation (around 65 decibels).
Best Glass Blender Reviews
- 700 watts of blending power at peak
- Top-mounted pour spout
- Wave action system
Hamilton Beach is one of the top brands of blender on the market today, and their 58148A glass jar model has a good amount of blending features that will make you understand that the brand is indeed worthy of its iconic reputation. The first thing that you might notice about this blender is that, unlike standard blenders with pouring spouts mounted on the jar body, it has a pouring spout on the top of the cap of the product. This unique, top-mounted spout is designed to never create a mess, and the cap itself stays attached during the pouring process.
One of the built-in technologies of this blender uses wave action to ensure that the foods inside the container come into contact with the spinning blades. This works by literally spinning food upwards and then downwards towards the blade assembly. As a result, the foods are blended smoothly and uniformly so that you can have a more consistent blend.
The 58148A also has a fairly powerful motor; in fact, with its 700 watts of peak blending power, you shouldn’t have any problems chopping up tougher-to-blend food items like ice and pineapple cores. This is fortunate because many blenders fail to blend and crush these materials uniformly, so things like frozen drinks, soups, and smoothies all can achieve the right consistency for your enjoyment.
Once you’re done with your blend, cleanup is simple because you can just load the jar into your dishwasher to clean it. The base is also fairly easy to clean; it has a conical design that doesn’t have too many surfaces that will trap any of the food that may spill onto the surface from time to time.
- The pouring spout at the top of the blender is very convenient, and during use, the cap of the blender is designed to stay in place.
- The glass jar also has a pour spout that will allow you to pour your drinks and foods with relative ease.
- With a 700-watt motor, this blender is fairly powerful and can handle most foods with ease.
- For those that prefer a simpler operation, this blender has some easy-to-use controls
- This product definitely has power, but as a result of this power, it can be very loud.
- While it can crush some tougher items like ice or frozen fruit, this definitely can cause a bit of strain on the motor over time.
- The glass container can be a bit on the heavier side.
- With a glass container that can only manage about 40 ounces of food, you may not want to use this particular model if you’re hosting a few guests.
- 600 watts of blending power
- Seven speeds that grant a high level of adjustability
- Six-point Crush Pro 6 blade assembly
This unique glass blender product, which is produced by Oster, is a very attractive model of blender that’s been on the market for a little over a decade. The glass container has a capacity of 48 ounces, which will typically provide frozen drinks and smoothies for a family of people, and it’s also known for its rounded shape and easy-to-pour spout, which can be found on the leading edge of the product. The pitcher is actually comprised of Borosilicate glass, which is designed to not crack under thermal stress. This feature makes this a good choice of product for those that may want to freeze hot blended foods in the jar.
One of the most interesting features of this device is the unique blade assembly. Unlike typical blender blades, which tend to have four blades to slice and crush foods, the Oster Counterforms blender has a six-blade design. The unit has two blades facing downwards and another four facing upwards towards the blender’s cap.
This unique design allows the blades to both chop and pulverizes the food within the jar so that you can have a smoother blend. These blades are comprised of stainless steel, which means that they do an admirable job crushing ice and blending tougher, more fibrous foods evenly.
When it comes to the power of the blender, this product has a fairly powerful motor that provides an output of 1,000 watts at peak power and a realistic capacity of 600 watts for blending. As a result of this power output, you won’t be able to easily stress the product’s motor, which means that it should last you for years of use. Additionally, the exterior of the product is made of stainless steel, which protects plastic components. This design also will add some longevity to the product so that you can blend for years.
- This is a very powerful blender that has output enough to pulverize most foods that you place in the jar.
- The body of the product is comprised of stainless steel, which means that this Oster product is fairly durable.
- The glass pitcher is very attractive and has a 48-ounce capacity.
- The six-point blade is completely replaceable and there are even attachments for things like milkshakes.
- Don’t expect to be able to make soups or salsa with this product — it’s a fairly basic machine that is best for things like smoothies and frozen drinks.
- There is a tendency for the blender to leak a bit at the base if it’s not tightened properly.
- 1,000 watts of blending power
- Thermal-resistant glass container
- A 56-ounce pitcher that is great for parties
For those looking for a premium blending experience, the Braun PureMix Power Blender is definitely a device that’s worthy of your attention. When compared to some other premium blenders, the PureMix looks fairly small — it is only about 16 inches tall, and it doesn’t have much of a wide-body to consider. The base of this product is also very attractive: thanks in part to the fact that it has black and stainless-steel accents that add style and durability to the product’s exterior.
The jar on the product is also very attractive as well, and Braun included a very sturdy handle to ensure that there are no issues during the everyday handling of the blender jar. Like many products of this type, the jar neatly unscrews from the base so that you can clean the assembly and the jar itself with relative ease. It’s also helpful that the product is fairly quiet compared to most blenders, which means that you won’t necessarily wake the entire house when you want to make a breakfast smoothie.
There are also more than a few helpful presets on this product, which includes settings for pureeing, chopping, crushing, and pulsing. The control scheme is also very intuitive and all of the buttons are touch-sensitive, which means that cleanup is very simple due to the fact that there aren’t any nooks and crannies in which food can be caught.
If you’re the type that loves to blend up soups and other hot materials, you’ll be pleased to know that this product has thermal-resistance so that you won’t have to worry about the glass shattering due to changes in temperature. Additionally, the product has an all-metal drive that ensures that the blender will work for years.
- This is a very attractive blender that uses stainless steel accents and blacks components to look very attractive in just about any décor.
- The pitcher can handle 56 ounces of food, which is more than enough for a large family of smoothie drinkers.
- Both hot and cold foods can easily be blended inside the glass jar and going from temperature extremes won’t cause shattering from thermal shock.
- The handle is well-designed and very comfortable to grip.
- Harder objects like ice can overtax the motor of the product and eventually cause issues.
- Despite its touch-sensitive controls scheme, there aren’t many extra features with this PureMix blender.
- Comes with a stainless steel scoop
- 23,000 RPM motor
- 60-ounce capacity
Looking to entertain a group of people with your smoothie and frozen drink repertoire? This product, which comes from Tribest, is a good option because it has an amazing 60-ounce capacity. This means that you can make eight cups of food or drink in a single sitting. When it comes to power output, the product also has a 1.1 horsepower motor that should make short work of most hard-to-blend foods.
One of the primary drawbacks of glass blenders is that the glass can sometimes shatter. Fortunately, Tribest has designed this product to be very durable; in fact, the glass itself is thick and is designed to be very durable. As a result, you shouldn’t have an issue with cracks forming or the occasional bump causing the product to break.
The previous model of this product, which was the DB-850, had a blade assembly that was made of plastic components. This weakness was fortunately addressed in the DB-950; the new blade assembly is entirely constructed of metal, which means that it will last longer and provide a stronger overall operation.
Like other high-performance blenders, you can expect to spend a little more on the DB-950. That being said, the product comes with a stainless steel scoop that can be used as a tamper, a fairly detailed control panel that has five variable speeds, and stainless steel blades that can crush and chop just about anything that you can throw into the container.
- The stainless steel scoop that comes with the product has a very versatile design that lets it be used as a scoop, a spoon, and a tamper.
- The scoop cannot hit the blades by design.
- Not only does the stainless steel body of this product look attractive, but it also has the advantage of being very durable, which can come in handy in a cluttered and busy kitchen.
- The blender is capable of a 23,000 RPM operation, which provides a lot of horsepower for most blending needs.
- If you need a high-capacity blender, this may be for you
- The knob on the control panel that controls the product’s operation feels a bit flimsy.
- Five cup glass jar
- 10–speed options
- 700 watts of power
With a 700-watt motor, the Oster 6647 is a glass blender that is ideal for crushing ice as well as tough to blend fruits and vegetables. It’s quite a large blender; in fact, it can hold up to five cups or 40 ounces at a time. This allows you to make enough smoothies for the entire family, or you can make a large amount of salsa for a party or a family gathering. The small filler cap in the lid also has measurement lines in it so that you can measure liquid ingredients with ease.
Using the 10 speeds of this blender, you will be able to do anything from creating a simple mango puree to creating a smoothie with kale and peanut butter. The speed settings on this unit are: stir, liquefy, puree, chop, whip, mix, frozen drink, smoothie, milkshake, and ice crush. The blades are made from durable stainless steel, which means that they are built to last. The blade is designed with four points, which means that it will have an easier time getting the fruits and vegetables to the consistency that you want to experience.
Cleanup with this blender is quite simple. You can simply wipe down the exterior of the blender with some soap and water, but the jar is actually designed to be washed in the dishwasher.
- The blades on this blender can be removed to make it easier to clean the jar, which can be a safety feature when you are washing it by hand.
- This is an attractive looking blender that will look great in most kitchens.
- This is not a small blender, but it has a footprint that will not take up a lot of space on your countertop.
- This is a blender that is very easy to clean; in fact, the cup is even dishwasher safe.
- There is not an ounce measurement on the glass jar, which means that you will need another tool to make precise measurements.
- The power cord on this blender is quite short, so you will need to use it relatively close to an outlet.
- Since the base is made of plastic, it tends to walk a bit on the countertop at high speeds.
For those who are on the go often and don’t like plastic blenders, the Kacsoo was made for you. The personal glass smoothie blender is ranked as the best glass blender overall. It is the size of a 15 oz jar and can easily blend almost anything, especially small fruits and ice. However, it can work for fruit juice, baby food, salad dressings, smoothies, and milkshakes.
With its high borosilicate glass construction, this blender offers a BPA-free alternative to the plastic blenders that you’ll find in most portable blender sections. The design is also convenient and lightweight, allowing you to take it anywhere. A single can charge allows for 13 blends. The four blades easily cut through all ingredients, and it only takes 20 seconds to create your favorite smoothie.
If you love the convenience of a portable smoothie and want a highly durable best glass blender design with no BPA chemicals, the Kacsoo is the perfect option. It comes with a 5200-mAH lithium-ion battery, and it can recharge quickly. You also won’t have to keep on the charger very long as it holds its charge for up to 13 juices.
- Very lightweight and easy to carry
- BPA-free, made with glass
- Holds charge up to 13 blends
- Won’t work with hot liquids
- Small blending volume
Having a blender with a glass jar is a great way to experience quality design and a safer BPA-free blend. In this guide, the five products that were covered all have some really robust features that include heavy-duty glass containers. Based on the choices here, you should easily be able to find the product that will fit your blending needs of just yourself or your family and friends.
Having considered each of the features of the five reviewed products, we have to admit that there is one that is just a stronger blender than the other four glass-jarred products. Despite the fact that it doesn’t come from one of the big names in blending, the Tribest DB-950 Dynablend Clean Blender really stands out. It comes with an innovatively-designed stainless steel scoop that’s multipurpose, and you’ll see why this product is so well-regarded. In fact, its standard operation, which allows for an RPM of 23,000, is fairly amazing for this type of blender.