Trying to find the right centrifugal juicer for your kitchen can be a difficult and straining task. With so many products on the market, it can seem impossible to know what to look for at times. Examining specific qualities such a wattage and efficiency is key to understanding how to differentiate between products. Luckily, we will be taking a deep look into some of the industry’s leading centrifugal juicers today in order to clear up the confusion and determine the best centrifugal juicer.
Understanding Centrifugal Juicers
If you are looking to purchase a centrifugal juicer of your own, be sure to inform yourself so that you know what to expect once you start shopping around. Here is some key information to take note of.
How Centrifugal Juicers Work
Centrifugal juicers chop up the contents of whatever gets placed inside through the use of a flattened cutting blade. People usually tend to use these juicers to chop fruits and vegetables for smoothies and other treats. The juicer spins the contents at an extremely high speed, and this cuts up the produce by separating the juice and pulp from one another. This process is commonly compared to that of a blender, which also utilizes a flat cutting blade.
The centrifugal force inside the juicer is the root cause of the chopping, and the process is quite similar to the way a washing machine works. It separates some of the extraneous moisture from the clothes being washed through a spinning cycle. Moreover, the juice that comes off the fruit or vegetable then travels through tiny holes in the bottom of the device. The leftover pulp is typically removed afterward.
Many models of centrifugal juicers include a “pulp ejector,” which aids the overall process. It is a delivery area for excess pulp that dispenses of the pulp once the ejector reaches its maximum capacity. This saves you some time in the long run because you do not have to take it upon yourself to remove the pulp with the added feature. If the juicer does not happen to come with a pulp ejector, you will need to remove the pulp about once every 2 glasses.
How to Choose a Centrifugal Juicer
There are a few key components that you should take into consideration if you are looking for the right centrifugal juicer. One major quality to look into is power. The wattage and potential RPM for a juicer say a lot about the device’s overall strength. You should be looking for a product that exhibits an impressive amount of power for its size or else you may not be getting your money’s worth. On the other hand, you do not want a juicer that tries to pack too much of a punch and ends up being the cause of messes.
Aside from power, build and makeup are important factors to consider. You should want a juicer with mostly removable parts because this makes the process of cleaning the device much easier. If you can take the machine apart, you can get into the little crevices and clean what would otherwise be inaccessible.
Difference between Centrifugal and Masticating Juicers
It is extremely common for consumers to misconstrue the difference between a masticating juicer and a centrifugal juicer. Centrifugal juicers tend to be much smaller in size and value than masticating juicers. A centrifugal juicer will have a blade that spins at a very fast speed, usually within the range of 3000 to 16000 rotations per minute. A masticating juicer, on the other hand, will utilize more of a grinding process at a speed of 40 to 160 rotations per minute.
Advantages of Using a Centrifugal Juicer
Many benefits come with the ownership of a centrifugal juicer. First off, these juicers are more readily available at electrical and departmental stores than any other type of juicer on the market. In addition, they tend to be affordable than other kinds. This makes them great for beginners and people who desire to have one just for fun.
Several models of these juicers have very sizable feeding chutes for fruits and vegetables. This allows you to fit the entire piece of produce into the device in a single placement, saving time and energy. Centrifugal juicers are also quite simple to use, as the process involves little more than dropping in a piece of produce and waiting for a short period of time. Lastly, you can expect the total juice output with these products to be very high due to the high-speed spinning process that they utilize.
Best Centrifugal Juicers as of 2018
Now, it is time to take a look at some of the best centrifugal juicers that are available in the market right now. Here is a list we have compiled of some of the leading products.
Breville Compact Juice Fountain 700-W Juice Extractor (BJE200XL)
The first centrifugal juicer we will be taking a look at is a model from Breville, a leading brand in the juicer industry. This model is a popular heavy-duty juice fountain, and it comes equipped with centered knife blade assembly. It has a Safety Locking Arm to lower the risk of any possible injuries. This safety measure operates by making sure the device will not function if both the locking arm and the juicer cover are not properly in place. The 700-watt motor runs at 14,000 rotations per minute in order to reach optimal levels of extraction. In addition, the feeding tube is centered and 3 inches wide. You can safely run all of the parts that come with this juicer in the dishwasher. The overall dimensions of the product are 9.5 x 8.75 x 16 inches. The body of the juicer is made of heavy-grade polymer, while the cutting disk that rotates within the product is made of sharp and reliable stainless steel. In addition, the micro-fresh filter made in Italy helps this centrifugal juicer extract up to 30 percent more juice and 40 percent more vitamins. It accumulates pulp at the foot of the device so that you are left with additional counter space.
Here are some of the positive aspects of purchasing this product.
- People who use this centrifugal juicer tend to like how easy it is to assemble the device. The process only involves a few simple steps that are relatively easy to follow.
- Users also noted how easy it is to clean this juicer because it does not consist of numerous components that complicate the process.
On the contrary, there are some properties of this device that consumers are not fond of.
- Firstly, the product tends to wear down after time. And while it can still fulfill its intended purpose months down the line, it may not do so with the same power and efficiency it offered when it was brand new.
- Secondly, you will need to clean the fine strainer of a somewhat frequent basis for it to continually perform as it is supposed to.
Breville Juice Fountain Plus 850-W Juice Extractor (JE98XL)
Next is another juicer from Breville. The Breville JE98XL juice fountain plus 850-watt juice extractor, similar to the previous model, has an extra-wide feeding chute of 3 inches in width. This device can actually create an 8-ounce cup of juice in the short period of only 5 seconds. Its powerful 850-watt dual-speed motor contributes to this speed and is responsible for the product’s efficient operation. Just like the last juicer we discussed, this model has a safety locking arm to prevent potential hazards from coming to life. However, the JE98XL takes the next step and includes the overload protection LED as an additional feature. This safety feature works by moderating the overall heat of juicer and shutting it down automatically if the temperature is too high and could potentially overheat the juicer. This device includes all dishwasher-safe parts and comes with a froth separator, a filter basket, cleaning brush, and even a 1-liter juice jug that you can use to store some fresh fruit or vegetable juice. This product also transfers under 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit in order to increase the absorption of nutrients and protect the fruit’s enzymes. The dimensions of this centrifugal juicer are 13.2 x 16.5 x 18.2 inches.
Here are some of the pros of this Breville juicer.
- Consumers love the efficiency that this product has to offer. Blending a casual serving takes only 5 seconds, and added features such as the cleaning brush and filter basket make using this centrifugal juicer even simpler.
- This device does a very thorough job for how quick it is in action. This juicer actually manages to extract about 90 percent of the juice from produce that is placed into it, making sure you get the nutrients you deserve without being wasteful.
On the other hand, some aspects were not as praiseworthy to users. Here are the cons.
- Certain users were displeased with the feeding chute. This is because the chute for feeding is very wide and requires you to act quickly to put the stopper on once you insert a piece of produce.
- Some consumers disapprove of the structural makeup of this Breville juicer. Aside from the stainless steel base, the rest of the product is made of plastic that is not nearly as firm or durable. Plastic is far more prone to breaking, and a body with more stainless steel would make for a more reliable product.
Breville Juice Fountain Elite 1000-W Juice Extractor (800JEXL)
This is another Breville product that has seen some major popularity in the juicer market. It runs on an impressive 1000-watt motor that has 2 different speed controls. The high-speed mode sets the device to run at 13000 rotations per minute, and the low-speed mode sets the device to run at 6500 rotations per minute. The cutting disk of this centrifugal is plated in titanium, making it very unlikely to break or bend. It is specifically referred to as the Nutri Disc and can stay sharp for an extended period of time. The die-cast steel housing works to protect the device from unexpected drops and other misfortunes. The bolt of the locking arm can actually move about 0.25 inches in each direction. This ensures that the locking arm can maintain a snug fit and will not give way to any potential hazards while you are using the device. Similar to the last two products, the feeding tube on this juicer is 3-inches wide. However, this feeding tube is circular. The capacity of the juice jug is 1.1 quarts, and the capacity of the pulp container is 3.2 quarts. The pulp container also comes with an integrated handle for simple and efficient function. All of the parts that come with this product are dishwasher-safe. Its dimensions are 17 x 11 x 20 inches.
Here are some positive features of this centrifugal juicer.
- The sturdy steel parts that make up this juicer are a clear advantage. While certain products are composed of flimsy materials such as plastic, this device is made of durable steel that is far less likely to break or malfunction.
- The large pitcher and waste container that come with this juicer make for convenient use. The size prevents you from constantly having to empty and replace these features, allowing you to focus on juicing
These are some features of this juicer that consumers did not enjoy quite as much.
- While this product contains some reliable parts, replacing those parts when push comes to shove can be difficult. Users found that certain replacement parts for this juicer were either unavailable or very hard to find in stock.
- Secondly, this device can be pretty leaky at times. Many people who used it found that it leaks juice onto the container in many cases, making for a bothersome cleaning process.
Joe Cross Juicer Bundle
The bundle from Joe Cross includes a variety of great features to accompany the centrifugal juicer. Some of these include a recipe book, two vacuum cups, two vacuum cups for kids, a spare 60-ounce juice jug, and two reusable juice boxes. This product is fairly quiet compared to similar products and operates at a single speed. It runs on a 700-watt motor, which allows for adequate power that is low enough to function without making too much noise. The machine uses a Cold Spin technology that works to preserve key vitamins and minerals that are commonly lost due to increased levels of heat and processing.
Consumers are attracted to this centrifugal juicer for a couple of reasons.
- Many users are fond of how quiet this product is in action. Many juicers are very loud and do not take noise moderation into account, but this one can function without becoming the center of attention in your kitchen.
- Consumers enjoy the fact that this juicer preserves important vitamins and minerals. The Cold Spin technology moderates temperatures and ensures that they are not lost to heat.
These are the cons of the Joe Cross Juicer Bundle.
- Unfortunately, this centrifugal juicer involves a lengthy cleanup process. The device contains a variety of parts, and getting around to every one of them can take some time and effort.
- This juicer may keep the noise down a notch, but it is not particularly powerful. Certain users complained that you have to let the device run for multiple cycles before it yields the desired amount of juice.
Hamilton Beach Juicer (67601A)
The next product we will be reviewing is a popular model from Hamilton Beach. Powered by an 800-watt motor, this centrifugal juicer comes with a micro-mesh cutter made from stainless steel that can turn a beet into liquid in a matter of seconds. It also comes equipped with a commercial-grade toggle switch and a 20-ounce cup to hold your fruit or vegetable juice. The die-cast metal latch can be put into place to ensure safe usage. The feeding chute has a width of 3 inches to minimize pre-cutting. The device comes with a number of removable parts, including the pulp bin, cover, steel strainer, and strainer bowl. All of these parts are dishwasher-safe. The juicer also comes with locking latches that you should insert into their proper positions on both sides of the juicer’s cover when you put it to use. This product has dimensions of 9.1 x 13.2 x 16.3 inches.
This juicer from Hamilton Beach displays a number of positive aspects.
- Leftover pulp from this machine tends to be very dry. This makes for a simple cleanup process that is not complicated by excessive levels of moisture left for you to take care of.
- Consumers tend to believe this centrifugal juicer is quite easy to assemble or take part. It only comes with a handful of parts, and following the directions to get them into their respective places is a simple process.
Here are some of the less desirable aspects of this product.
- This juicer is not very capable when it comes to larger quantities of fruits and vegetables. It can effectively make about a quart of juice at once, but the blade can start to dull if you try to exceed that amount.
- Many people have stated that this product is especially loud, and this can be a bother in the kitchen. This should not be the case for a lightweight centrifugal juicer such as this one.
Breville Juice Fountain Plus 850-W Juice Extractor (RM-JE98XL)
Next, we have yet another centrifugal juicer from Breville. This product runs on an 850-watt motor and contains a 3-inch feeding chute. It comes with two different options for speed. You should use high speed for dense fruits and tough vegetables, and this makes for 12,000 rotations per minute. You should switch to low speed for softer fruits and vegetables, and this mode allows 6,500 rotations per minute. The overall weight of the item is nine pounds. The device comes with a froth separator and a one-liter container for juice. Additional features that come with this juicer include the cleaning brush and the micro-mesh filter basket made from stainless steel. The dimensions of this product are 12.5 x 16.5 x 8.5 inches.
Here are some aspects of this juicer that consumers are fond of.
- Users find that this product is very easy to clean. Most of the components can be cleaned well just by rinsing them with water. In addition, a brush is included to help you get the residue off the cutting blade.
- Many enjoy the fact that the feeding chute is so big. It allows you to put entire apples into the machine at once, making for a quick and convenient juicing process that does not cut into your schedule.
Now, here are some cons of this centrifugal juicer.
- Many people found that the pulp this juicer leaves behind tends to be chunky and wet. This can be the cause of multiple inconveniences that you likely do not wish to encounter.
- Certain users found that this product begins to leak after using it for a few weeks. The parts of this juicer may be simple to clean, but leaking juice complicates the process and makes it more difficult than it needs to be.
Homeleader Wide Mouth Centrifugal Juicer
The next centrifugal juicer we will be discussing is a product from Homeleader. This device contains a powerful cutting disk made from stainless steel, accompanied by a micro-mesh filter that works to separate the juice from the pulp. This filter effectively extracts 25 percent more juice and 30 percent more vitamins and minerals that some competing models. No slicing of fruit is necessary with this device, which has a feeding chute with dimensions of 3 inches and 75 millimeters. The pulp collector has a capacity of 2500 ml, and the pulp container has a capacity of 1000ml. This product has ETL approval and includes safety measures to prevent accidents. For instance, the juicer is programmed to not run unless all of the components are properly in place. In addition, two different speed levels are available. Level 1 allows for 12,000 to 15,000 RPM, and level 2 allows for 15,000 to 18,000 RPM. Lastly, the Homeleader has dimensions of 13.19 x 16.14 x 8 inches.
These are the most favorable qualities of the Homeleader.
- Consumers are impressed with the power that this centrifugal juicer delivers. Even the lower power mode tends to be quick enough to cut produce into juice in a matter of seconds.
- Users noted that this juicer from Homeleader has a great structural makeup. The majority of the components are made from stainless steel and do not break easily, allowing for extended periods of reliable usage.
Here are some of the cons:
- Certain people feel that the trash compact attached to this juicer is not large enough. It fills up very quickly because the garbage tends to stay around the motor, adding to the work that the user has to do.
- While this device has a reliable build, it may not be cut for daily use by an avid juicer. Users reported that the juicer starts to do a less thorough job after a couple of months and is not equipped for extremely frequent usage.
Hamilton Beach Juicer (67650A)
Next up is another centrifugal juicer made by Hamilton Beach. This time, it is the 67650A model. Similar to the other Hamilton Beach model we reviewed, this model runs on an 800-watt motor. All of the parts of the device can be put safely in the dishwasher, allowing for a cleanup that is less tedious. The machine comes with a cleaning brush as well as some recipes. The feeding chute is quite large and can fit whole fruits and vegetables at once. This device from Hamilton Beach comes with a removable 20-ounce juice container that can also double as a serving pitcher. The extremely large pulp bin lets you continue juicing for extended periods of time without having to stop and empty the bin. In addition, this machine uses a cold-press technology to ensure that no heat is gaining access to the juice or harming the useful vitamins and minerals. Moreover, the dimensions of this product are 9.13 x 13.19 x 16.34 inches. The material type is plastic, and the color of the machine is gray.
Here are some advantages of this device.
- Many people like how strong the motor is on the juicer. It is likely to get the job done in a matter of seconds when you put it to work.
- Consumers enjoy the fact that putting this machine together and taking it apart is a straightforward process, which makes cleaning easier.
Here are some of the drawbacks of this model from Hamilton Beach.
- Many feel like this device is not stable enough while it is functioning. Consumers reported that they had to hold it in place while using it because it would move around on its own.
- A handful of users were annoyed with the loudness of this juicer. They felt like it created far too much noise for its size, which can disturb the flow of the kitchen or household.
Bella High Power Juice Extractor (BLA13694 13694)
This product from Bella is a high-power centrifugal juicer built mainly from stainless steel. It comes equipped with a removable pulp container as well as a micro-mesh filter. Running on a 1000-watt motor, this device displays an impressive range of power. This is a two-speed motor, so you have the ability to adjust it to your preference. All of the parts that come with it are both detachable and dishwasher-safe, simplifying the cleaning process. The juice container can hold a capacity of 1 liter, and it has a splash-free lid and a pouring spout. This product displays dimensions of 13.98 x 9.65 x 17.32 inches. Some of the other contents that come with this centrifugal juicer include the juice pitcher with lid, cleaning brush, pulp basket with filter, and user manual that includes recipes.
These are some of the more favorable qualities of this juicer.
- Consumers love how much power this juicer is capable of delivering. 1000 watts in quite a lot of power for a centrifugal juicer, and it comes out to show when you put the product to work.
- Users enjoy how easy it is to clean this device after using it. It is fairly easy to take apart, and it comes with a cleaning brush that helps you reach the crevices and carry out a thorough cleaning.
Here are some of the qualities of this Bella product that consumers were not so fond of.
- Sometimes, this device cannot handle cutting up firmer vegetables such as kale. This tends to do nothing but make the cutting blade wear down.
- The cover on this device is not quite as stable as it could by. Certain users found that pieces of produce would fly out of the juicer while it was running, even with the cover on.
Black Decker 400-Watt Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor (JE2200B)
Last but not least is the Black Decker JE2200B model. This product runs on a 400-watt motor, which is a bit lighter than many of the models we have discussed so far. The device comes with an intuitive on/off switch that helps it provide the best possible performance. Different from many models, this juicer is aligned vertically and maintains a compact design. This creates a device with increased mobility that does not take up too much space. It comes with a removable 300-milliliter pitcher to help you capture the juice that is being extracted from the fruit or vegetable with increased convenience. The model includes a cutter and strainer that are both made from stainless steel. It is built from plastic and comes in the color black. This product also comes equipped with a Fruit and Vegetable Pusher, which keeps the produce close to the cutter and enables maximal amounts of juice extraction. Lastly, this product from Black Decker displays dimensions of 13 x 9 x 9 inches.
Here are some of the positive aspects of this machine.
- Users like that this device is great at preventing spills. The pulp collector tends to stay in position and capably handle what pulp is created during use.
- Consumers are fond of how easy it is to clean this device. You can easily disassemble the machine and clean its respective parts without too much unnecessary hassle.
Here are a couple of the cons of this product from Black Decker.
- The container that comes with this device and collects the juice is fairly small compared to what some other products have to offer.
- The motor of this product does not run for a particularly long time. You have to periodically restart it if you intend to juice for a while.
Now That You Know
Now that we have taken a good look at some of the best products in the market, it seems quite obvious which product is the best centrifugal juicer out right now. The Breville JE98XL displays the most impressive range of functions that we have seen among these devices. Its 850-watt motor is capable enough to get the job done on a consistent basis, but it is also not obnoxious or overbearing. This device from Breville also comes equipped with Overload Protection LED: an impressive safety measure that competing juicers simply do not have to offer. In addition, this product is very easy to clean. It comes with a variety of removable parts that you can easily detach and cleanse without running into too much hassle. Overall, the JE98XL from Breville is a quality centrifugal juicer that rises above the competition.